There is so much support available online, it can be difficult to know where to start. Although it is based in the UK, the website at mind.org.uk is a valuable source of information.
The links below will take you to some useful resources on the mind.org.uk website.
Side by Side
Side by Side is an online peer support community where you can talk openly about your feelings and your experiences with people who are experiencing the same. It’s a safe space where you can share as much as you feel comfortable with, where you can find out more about other people’s experiences and learn from them.
Think of it as a Facebook for mental health. You can:
- Join and set up a personalised (anonymous) profile
- Post comments and photos
- Tag your posts to tell people you are looking for support
- Have private message conversations.
- Report things you’re worried about
- Snooze messages and posts if you need to take a break